10.06.2011

just can't wait to ...



I'm sitting at my desk sipping some earl grey creme tea listening to Willie Nelson's "On the road again" while going over my trip checklist. In about hour or less I'll be making my way across Texas to New Mexico for a long overdue vacation. I'm very excited because I'm going to meet up with several full timers and spend a little time with them on my trip. Two days earlier I was in overdrive and stressing because I was trying to get a few work projects done before I left. Yesterday was the same and I was planning on leaving after work to maximize my vacation time. I even started packing like a madman when I got home and realized that I should be taking some advice I'd given a friend. Rather than continue packing at my breakneck pace, then drive as far as I could before stopping someplace random to crash for the night, I slowed down and slept at home instead. The revelation hit me that if I'm really to make my future full timing life work, the first thing I have to do is to end a few bad habits from my current life. Sometimes we get so caught up in our day to day lives in this rat race that we forget the simplest of things.

I don't have to live this way!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    Hey thanks for the great idea of a campout in the "Rocks"it was good fun.

    Sorry about the blast off this AM but I had a hard time starting the beast and once I got it running I wanted to just get it home and diagnosed. It was a simple problem of too thick viscosity oil for 35 degrees...I changed to 10W40 from 20W50 and it startes fine. the battery was low on water....way low so that's resolved.

    I hope you enjoy your stay there and I'll see you down the road...
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waititng for incriminating pictures/stories and video...

    ReplyDelete