12.30.2015

so this is christmas

Things did not work out with Moses. We were into the third'ish week of my foster to adopt when things took a turn for the bad and things went downhill in the span of three days. The short version is that Moses did something inside my trailer that freaked him out when I wasn't more than ten paces away from it. He was so unnerved by being in there that he took to destroying things. I caught him in time, but was unable to leave him uncrated inside. Even while in the crate he took to destroying the blankets and cushions I provided him. This was no longer working and I was really bummed with the outcome given how well things had started out.


Earlier in the month I had scheduled a mid month appointment to get Bridgette's rear right leg looked at. She developed a random wiggle of the leg during our walks. In between while she was cuddling with me as I read, I discovered a hard lump just to the left of the base of her tail. Great, another thing we'll need to get looked at at the appointment. They aspirated, looked at it under the scope, determined they needed more testing, and sent it off to the lab. I had to wait a little over two weeks to get the results. As you might imagine I was very worried about her, and was preparing myself for the worst possible outcome, but was glad that the results came back as benign. B has a biopsy scheduled later next month where I've taken a few days off to be at the beck and call of my little one.


B and I had a quiet but Happy Xmas together. Outside of that I've decided to spare you the details of just how bad this last month has been for us, but am happy that it's not been worse. The weather here has been bone chillingly cold making things rather interesting in the trailer. This is my first winter in the new rig so I'm sort of facing a learning curve for the second time. We've overcome the challenges pretty well, but definitely need a second slightly larger space heater.

I hope your Xmas was a good one and that you have a Happy New Year.





No comments:

Post a Comment