12.31.2013

looking forward, looking backward, just looking

I'm so glad to be putting this year behind me. Not that it was an especially bad one, but it wasn't exactly a great one either. I'm looking forward to 2014, especially when the Year of the Horse kicks off in February. According to what I've read it's to be a good one for me in particular. Here's hoping the Chinese soothsayers are right! The extra time at my parents was well spent. I got to think a lot about what was planned and decided to pare them down. Instead I will concentrate on getting used to my road legs. Some of the things like the wild desert veggie garden and wabbit hunting are still going to happen, but at a later time. The one thing that's still on is volunteering at an animal sanctuary for as long as I can. Since this is my intended future line of work I hope to determine, sooner than later, which position suits my talents best. I think and feel that helping animals is going to prove to be very rewarding when compared to my last profession. All these changes I've been making in my life have been a little bit scary. OK a lot scary. The payoff I'm shooting for is a happier and better me. I think it's worth the effort.

I sold my rifle and associated gear yesterday. Most of the money is being pocketed with a fraction of it earmarked for it's later replacement. The veggie garden gear has been squirreled away for the day I'm ready to plant. The GS puppy has been pushed out until right before I leave or when I arrive at my destination. My parents can barely handle my nephew when he's around and a puppy would only exacerbate matters. I'm still in a holding pattern on selling my property because the real estate market isn't quite where I need it to be. There are some choice pieces of property I've found in NM which would make an excellent home base. This is where I will build my shipping container cabin. I've been reading volumes of info and watching hours of tiny home videos before I kind of figured out what I wanted. I mean in that constant ever evolving kind of way that I do stuff.

I hope you and yours have a Happy and Safe New Years celebration tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment