2.15.2016

can't find my way home

In a few days I'm headed to CA for my nephew's sixth birthday. This is going to be the first time I've gone any further than Vegas in almost two years. I'm thrilled about getting to see the little guy, select members of family, friends, all the food I can't get here, but it's balanced out by how much I hate large cities (especially one as large as Southern California). Bridgette, as always, will be accompanying me on the trip. She loves her visits with cousin Oreo and they're ever so more important now that they're both golden gals. The route is all planned out and I've even managed to sneak in a night of camping in a place I've not yet been to.

Quick update on B's hardened lipoma. The hard parts are being reabsorbed by her body and the lipoma is starting to soften up. The scar tissue from her biopsies are also fading away as her coat grows back. Bridgie has been her usual happy go lucky self. She's back to spending time in the staff runs and having playdates with various coworkers kids.


Something occurred to me recently. When talking to coworkers/friends about my trip I realized that this was the first time that I didn't refer to it as "going back home". It's not that I'm fully convinced that this town is now home to me so much as it's where my home is parked in. Funny but I don't recall when I turned that corner. Growth. Yay me! I'll let "home" work itself out as I continue down the path I've set myself on.

Speaking of work. Work with my kids and project kids has been moving along. The ante is being upped and I will be working under the wing of some of Dogtowns longest term Caregivers. This is on top of all the things I've already learned and use daily from my coworkers and the Trainers.  My newest project kid (Lego) has been coming along nicely. He's still terrified when meeting new people, pulls when walking on leash, and tries to chase cars when they pass. He now knows that he has choices to make when any of those things happen. Also, my first blog post about his progress was published (Click Treat). Take a look at this first entries to see just how terrified this poor guy was when he first arrived and compare it to this recent picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment