5.23.2011

weekend at billy's

My best friend was going to hang out with me on my birthday this weekend but unfortunately air fares were way too high. I"m bummed that I don't get to show him around San Antonio and to the best BBQ house in Texas, The Salt Lick. I even planned to take Friday off to make it a four day weekend. Since this isn't happening I've got four days to kill. I was thinking about camping but being Memorial day weekend everything is booked up. My second idea was to go to New Orleans even though I have a thing against cities. This one is different in that it has two things I love dearly. Great jazz and amazing food. Two problems are my that I can't take my dog everywhere I want to go, and it's gonna be a busy weekend. What to do, what to do?

Billy The Kid

Enter one William H. Bonney. One of my guilty pleasures is collecting biographical books about gunfighters of the old west. The other is visiting the places these people lived, fought, and eventually died in. The bonus is that I'm going in the trailer and can take the dog everywhere I want to go. It's not full timing but I do get to pretend for a few days as I boondock in Lincoln and Fort Sumner New Mexico this weekend. I can't wait!


Steve

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and enjoy New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting me and the beagle into the great outdoors. Even if it's for only a few days.

    ReplyDelete