4.19.2014

teardrop

Thursday morning, after breakfast, I packed up and hauled off all the dried goods to my travel trailer. I spent most of the morning there doing spot checks and making sure everything was in good working order. Once I was satisfied I proceeded to my next task of shifting funds around. I was expecting it to take longer since the last bank took almost three weeks to process my request. My credit union (where the funds are now) said they can turn this around in a 24 hour period. The only thing I'm left waiting for is the renewal tags on my truck to arrive. I hope they get here sooner than later.

I also made a few calls to the town where I'll be staying. No better way to get a lay of the land than from the locals. Also made sure they carry Bridgie's brand of food, which they do.

The battery in my truck is starting to die out and will need to be replaced before I leave. This will be the second time I've had to replace it. The original and replacement both lasted four years each. I was told that living in extreme temperatures would drastically shorten the life, but didn't think it would be that short. Growing up here in Socal I was spoiled by them lasting an average 6-8 years. Moving to places like Minnesota and then Texas I did put them through pretty extreme weather. The battery in my trailer is pretty much dead and needs to be replaced. This will be a fun project tomorrow.

The fallout from Idiom-gate hasn't quite settled yet but I haven't been pestered since the initial incident. I'm really not on speaking terms with dad or sis at this point, and I'm totally ok with that. I told them both to leave me be until they get their shit sorted, or never bother me again. Mom and I are talking, so there's that.

I'm looking forward to this departure. For now I wait.

Teardrop by Massive Attack on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment