12.13.2012

bang zoom!


I know what some of you are thinking, and can tell you that it's not a piece of artwork. What you are looking at is what's left of my laptop screen. The laptop is almost three years old and as such the battery doesn't hold it's charge like it used to. This means I need to bring the power supply along otherwise everything goes dark in about 16 minutes. On my way back to my bedroom the other evening the power supply cord snagged on the couch and disco'd from the laptop. I kept going and set the laptop down on it's stand and went back for it. I casually tossed it onto the bed and headed back to the kitchen to get the rest of my glass of tea. What you see above is what I came back to.

It's not a total loss since the laptop still works and am using my old PC monitor with it. This is good and all but I kind of lost all mobility. So the dilemma now is whether to repair it or get a new one. I wanted to hold off until mid 2013 before getting a new one, but learned a few things recently. Everyone out there is pushing Win 8 and if I intend to get a Win 7 system I'd best get it now. The cost to repair it myself and get a new battery totals in at $100. The new laptop comes in at $330. I'm not really sure if I should repair, get the new one, or just do both now. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I say do both.

    Hey, not to be a nudge ... *proceeds to nudge* ...you mentioned your lipid numbers a while back, and I'm still curious (and inappropriately concerned). Did you have bloodwork done recently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might. The broken one is almost three years old so even if I do fix it, there's no telling what may go next. I may just scrap and keep the memory and hard drive to use in the new one.

      Delete
    2. Oh and I'll be posting about those numbers this weekend. I had the test done last week and it was a mixed bag.

      Delete
  2. Might as well upgrade. Who knows how long till other parts fail. You can just shoot any files to the new one.

    I held onto my old laptop for 4-5 years, and the difference in performance was staggering when i upgraded lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I decided to get the new one after all. The newer one isn't all that much faster but has everything the old one does plus HDMI which I've been wanting.

      Delete